About three months ago I decided I wanted to train for a 10K near my house on Thanksgiving Day. When I say near my house, I mean I literally run in front of my house. This will be convenient if I decide to give up halfway, just kidding. Kinda.
Here is my workout plan, if you are interested in doing a six-miler yourself. Please note this is not approved by any kind of professional. It just seems less complicated than all the ones I looked up online.
This is my schedule, with me running 3X a week:
- 2 miles--6 months before race
- 2.25 miles--5 months before race
- 2.5 miles--4.5 months before race
- 2.75 miles--4 months before race
- 3 miles--3.5 months before race
- 3.25 miles--3 months before race
- 3.5 miles--2 months before race
- 3.75 miles--1.5 months before race
- 4 miles--1 month before race
- 4.25 miles--2 weeks before race
- 4.5 miles--1 week before race
- 4.25 miles--1 month before race
- 4.5 miles--2 weeks before race
Do you like to run? Do you have any tips for new runners? And training plans?